You've heard of the show What Not to Wear on TLC? Well, this is What Not to Say to a Twin Mommy. These are some comments I have gotten in my travels.
1. Do twins run in your family?--someone asking this is trying to see if you used fertility treatment.
2. Are they natural? --Aren't all babies? The correct term would be spontaneous.
3. You have your hands full.--Yeah.....DUH! Let's state the obvious Sherlock.
4. Are they identical? (when you see an obvious boy & girl) OK, OK, I know that scientists have actually discovered b/g twins can be identical. The chances of it happening? Slim to none. The average person asking this question has no clue about that! Plus, my kids look nothing alike!
Some comments I got while pregnant included:
1. Better you than me!--- Are you kidding me? I just wanted to be like yeah, it is better to happen to me than you with a comment like that!
2. How will you manage? (I still wonder some days.)
3. You're going to be HUGE! (by one of my 4th graders--I let this one slide)