Thursday, March 6, 2008

Baby in the Mirror

So Ryan, Kaylie & I have a 'thing.' Everytime we walk down the stairs they have to look in the mirror wall. For those that don't know my house, we have a wall in the hallway that is all mirror starting about 1/4 of the way up the wall. Hard to explain. I noticed this happening a few days ago. Everytime I go down the stairs with Ryan, 4 stairs before you can see yourself in the mirror he turns his head in anticipation. Then he smiles at himself, although he doesn't know that is him at this point. He must think Mommy has a lot of babies I guess. It's so cute. Kaylie does the same and flashes her smile at the baby in the mirror. Sometimes she even squeals about it. Again, it's so cute I can't stand it. We visit the 'baby in the mirror' a few times a day. They love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could they remember this from the first six months when my thing was to go to the mirror and say "who's that baby?" they would just look but no reaction. I think they can just now recognize themselves as the adorable babies they are.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

we do the same thing every day! babies just love to see those babies in the mirror!

at our house, we call the babies in the mirror semaj (see-maj), alle (ale) & noremac (nor-mac) - their names backwards!