Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Little Nostalgia

So we are in the final countdown to their big birthday. I took some pics of their preemie onesies next to the onesies they wear now. (9 months and 18 months). It was so weird opening the bin of preemie clothes. I remembered every outfit and thinking about how I could NEVER imagine them wearing anything bigger. I laughed at all the larger sized clothes that hung in their closet, thinking it will be YEARS before they fit in them. Nope--they've gone through them all! It really feels like only a few weeks ago that they were wearing them. Where does the time really go? I guess I was in a haze the first few months, but I'm still not sure where the other time has gone. And aren't preemie clothes the cutest things ever made? I still wish we never needed them.

5 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i know it is said too often, but is is true...it is crazy how fast time flies. you know, i just looked at some clothes from our preemie bin the other day and literally had the same thought process. i may have to borrow your comparison picture for our big 1st!

debi9kids said...

I keep one of Emma & Will's preemie outfits in my bedroom, just because I guess I am holding on to them being babies just a little longer...
It really does go way too fast!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Great post! I finally answered your question about the 6 pic post arrangement in the comments section of my blog. I guess I went blog mia for a few days.

Sara said...

Awww..so sweet to compare. It is amazing how they grow so fast!

Tonya Staab said...

I still have all of the twins baby clothes and I quite often sneak a peak of them in the garage. Their tiny little onesies, booties and hats. I can't remember them being that little.

I think I need to take a photo just like you've done to compare the size difference. What a fabulous idea. They grow up way too quickly don't they.