Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Grandma to the Rescue

Bob is off to California on business. I've been lucky, he hasn't had to go since when we first got the babies home. He left early this morning and will be gone until late Thursday night. (Friday morning to be exact). Now, I was going to try to do it by myself, but one night two weeks ago changed my mind. There are just times when they have meltdowns starting around 5 P.M. It's very hard to handle by yourself, so I called Grandma to help out for a few days. Hey, I may benefit a bit from this business trip. I have scheduled another haircut and a pedicure. I'm not getting a manicure, (although I need it) because I have to do some major weeding around the house. They are just out of control. I should take some pics to show you how bad it is. Hey, what woman with twins has time for weeding???? I know some super M.O.M. is going to leave me a comment saying that they do it all. Right? :) I also need to do some errands that I don't get to do normally. I'm looking forward to the next few days, although I will miss Bob and I freak out everytime he travels.

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i hate it when john travels too, i just always miss him so much and i worry incessantly. i am kind of nuts like that :) good luck, you will do wonderfully! and enjoy having grandma around...they are usually wonderful for giving mom a much needed (and well deserved) break.

oh, and of course i have time to weed, my yard is pristine. hahahahaha!!! just kidding. i am lucky if i have time to shower or brush my teeth :)

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

You haven't weeded!!! What kind of Mother are you? lol Sorry Bob's out of town. I get freaked out when Jared gets home late. :) Enjoy your pedi that sounds great.

debi9kids said...

Sorry your husband is out of town for the week! Very glad that your mom is coming to help you out. :)
Ok, so I will tell you that I actually DID week today. LOL Well, while the babies were napping I got some down, but it still looks HORRIBLE!

RachelShingleton said...

Hooray for grandmothers! They really help us out in a bind!