Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Another First

We got our first "real" pair of shoes! A big day! I took them to a local shoe store. I thought we would get better service than at the Stride Rite in the mall. We did. Plus, they have been a family business since 1959, so I am guessing they know how to measure feet. You never know what Joe Shmoe you'll get at the mall. Anyway, Ryan is in a size 4 1/2 wide and Kaylie is a size 2. Ryan cried when the guy put them on him, but Kaylie was fine with it. I can't figure these two out. I would have bet a million dollars that Kaylie would have cried. We actually ran into another set of boy/girl twins too. So imagine a little shop with 3 customers. Between the 3 of us, there were two sets of twins and the third customer had twins but they were in school! That is pretty insane to have that many M.O.M.s in a place like that.
So far they seem to like them. They love untying the laces and have even tasted them already. I may regret not getting velcro, but I wanted traditional shoes for their first pair. In two months (or less), they'll have outgrown them anyway, right?

4 comments:

Harris Boys said...

aww..so cute. crazy how ryan's foot is so much bigger, I guess that's a boy thing. yay for big kid shoes and too funny there were that many twin mommies in the same store :)

4under3 said...

I wanted to stop and say hi! I found you through the grapevine tonight and think your twins are precious!

We have a (daughter) 3 year old & (son) 2 year old and id twin girls that are 10 1/2 months.

I laughed when I read that you can't figure your two out. We are thinking the same thing with our girls. People ask if one is more calm/fussy than the other. But, really, they both have their own moments.

The Pastoral Princess said...

Oh how cute!!! And yes you will go through so many sizes of shoes in the next year you won't be able to keep up! Have fun!!

debi9kids said...

Look at them! They look like Big Kids in their shoes!
Such teeny tiny feet for your little miss.