Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ryan's First Haircut

I took Ryan to get his first haircut today. We went to a place called Kidz Cuts. It had cars and things that the kids sit in to distract them as they get their hair cut.
He was okay in the chair (tractor), until the lady put the cape on him.



Needless to say he started crying--especially when I had to hold his head still (an impossible feat) while she got near the ears. He was arching and moving so much and only strapped in the chair with a rinky dink strap. I was trying to keep him in the chair and hold his head at the same time. She even offered him a lollipop but he wanted nothing to do with it. I'm not counting that as his first lollipop because he didn't even take one lick. LOL. I don't know how hairdressers do it with kids like that. He is pretty butchered. The ears are not even at all. I'm thinking I might try to even it out a bit but I'm no hairdresser. I hope his hair grows quickly. These are the only pictures I got of it because I had to hold his head. Lesson learned--take someone with you to take pictures of the first cut.

Here he is after the ordeal. He looks like a big boy now. Phew, I'm glad that is over. Not looking forward to next time.

Oh yeah, they gave me some locks and he got his first certificate of merit. LOL

9 comments:

debi9kids said...

OH! Poor little guy!
He looks so sweet with his new Big guy cut though. :)
Debi
ps the last time Will got his hair cut, he screamed & screamed. It was AWFUL! He's due for another cut and I am so not looking forward to it. UGH!

Unknown said...

He looks adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ry looks so much older but oh sooo cute (I mean handsome!).

Harris Boys said...

liz, he looks so grown up. I was so happy after the boys got their hair cut, they needed it badly!!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

he looks so cute in that first picture, like such a big boy sitting in the tractor. sorry it was such a traumatizing experience :( he looks adorable with his new haircut though!

judytaboada said...

haha, that is so funny. i am holding out on cutting atticus' hair even though is super long (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/28191623@N00/2562278601/)

ryan is still mad cute!

Joanne (Jo-Jo) said...

He looks like a handsome young man! Sorry to hear about his ordeal. Can't wait to hear how Kaylie will do when she gets her first cut!!

Anonymous said...

That's why they make the flowbee!

Tonya Staab said...

oh his haircut looks so cute. Hopefully it will go a little better next time :)

I'm dreading the day I have to take my 2 in for their first haircut