Monday, June 2, 2008

First Birthday Bash!

We had a beautiful day for a backyard BBQ birthday bash. Complete with farm theme. It was held in my parent's backyard.

Here are the guests of honor in their birthday wear. Kaylie has a bow in her hair for the first time. It actually stayed in and she didn't even know it was there. Mommy's newly found hobby--collecting bows for her. I'll be hitting up the mall kiosk again real soon.



We had a tent, balloons, and the event was catered.



For those wondering if they wore their hats---Ryan did with no problem as long as he could eat the ribbon. Kaylie on the other hand was not having any of it. She cried the minute I put her in the high chair. She was too tired at this point.





As for the cake, Ryan fully explored his cake, while Kaylie took it slow and needed to be held by Mommy.




My favorite pics of Ryan & Kaylie from the day

Of course a cake picture.

Overall they had a blast. They didn't want to miss a minute and went from 11-5:30 without a nap! That has never happened before. Ryan finally passed out on Grandma as we were cleaning up everything to go home. Kaylie passed out in the car a minute after we left.

Ry 2 minutes before he passed out A tired Kaylie, but still going.....(anyone picturing the Energizer Bunny here?)
They were spoiled rotten and received lots of presents. It is a big milestone for them and for us. On the way home I started to cry because it finally hit me that they are indeed ONE and have come so far!
Bob also worked hard on making a DVD of most of their pictures and video we took of them. It is awesome and I cry every time I watch it. It's my Steel Magnolias or Beaches movie. Ya know the ones that make you cry every time you watch them? I wish I could share it with all of you. He's a good daddy.
Again, Happy Birthday kiddos!!!







3 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

it looks like the birthday party was a huge success and an enormous amount of fun. they look so exhausted in the pictures at the end, so they must have had a great time. i love, love, love your theme and everything you did for it...the hats, the cake, everything. and their outfits are just precious. you have some seriously adorable 1 year olds! happy birthday again ryan and kaylie!

ps-i love the bow on kaylie, i just bought some similar ones for my girls and i think i too have a new obsession :)

Harris Boys said...

I love the theme...what a fun way to celebrate their FIRST birthday. I love the 2 pics of them towards the end, just beautiful!!!

I cried when my boys turned one..it was very emotional and you all have come such a LONG way.

Happy birthday again BIG Kids!

debi9kids said...

OH wow! What a wonderful day! The party looks like it turned out perfect!
The babies look so tired in those last pictures!
I completely understand how you feel about it hitting you. I cried at E&W's party (or, on the way home, but didn't let anyone know) My babies aren't babies anymore. :(