Monday, June 9, 2008

Damn Yankees!

Yesterday we went to Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees play. I have never been to a game there and wanted to see the stadium before they open the new one. Bob got me tickets for my birthday so we went. The seats were awesome--4th row! It was soooooooo HOT! We weren't under any kind of shade, so we were roasting in the 95 degree weather. One time a cloud came in front of the sun and the whole stadium cheered and then booed as it quickly made its pass. We drank lots of water and HAD sunscreen. Only we took the type that is in the aerosol can---a BRAND NEW can. Well, that was confiscated as we went into the stadium. Who knew??? I don't really know what they think I was going to do with it. Bob has very fair skin and burns in a minute and I have become very sensitive to the sun. We needed to have something. I did bring a Waterbabies stick with me that is used on faces. That was SPF 30. We bought sunscreen there and what a ripoff. $5 for a bottle the size that you might get in a hotel room and SPF 15 to boot. So I learned to bring the non aerosol kind with me next time, although I did see another woman with the spray kind which infuriated me to no end. She must have had it buried in her bag or something.

We had to laugh at one of our few outings out as a couple and we choose to sweat our buns off! Anyway, the Yankees lost, but I was glad to be able to see a game. Thanks Nana & Pop-Pop for babysitting. If you want to see a video of Kaylie taken by Nana click here
A pic of the new stadium.
We were this close!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, you guys must have been miserable!!! I was hot in the A/C, LOL! We went and it was freezing, you guys went and roasted. Figures!

Harris Boys said...

looks like a fun time minus the heat. it was so hot here in GA...I could not imagine going to a Braves Game in the heat...

Joanne (Jo-Jo) said...

I hope you guys had a great time even in the horrible heat. The video of Kaylie is absolutely hilarious!! Hope Ry is feeling better!