Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend In Review

Saturday we attended The Laurie Berkner Band concert in Toms River, NJ with their cousins. The kids (and me & I think Daddy too) LOVE Laurie's music. She can often be seen on their favorite show, Jack's Big Music Show (which unfortunately is not in production anymore but you can still DVR it. It's on at 11:00 PM EST.)

I didn't get great pictures at all. Sadly, this is the best one. The concert was about an hour and twenty minutes long and the kids did great! I was so worried about Ryan wanting to run everywhere and not wanting to sit still. I brought some snacks and that seemed to be all they needed. They listened to the music, tuning out every now and then, but a favorite song would bring back their interest. We'd ask them, "Where's Laurie?" and they would point up to the stage. By the end, they were tired and ready to go.

After a nap, we went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. My sister gave me my nephew's Little Tikes Cozy Coupe car. Well, WWIII broked out over it. Needless to say, we headed over to Toys R Us to purchase another car. It was not pretty. Kaylie couldn't wait to get in it while Daddy put it together.


They dined outside on their picnic table (another hand me down).
Sunday, we just hung around at home and got to get outside again.
Do I look like some crazy driver to you?


This is a car jacking in progress, before it turned ugly. Despite getting the new car, we still can't seem to make up our minds about which car we want.

I'm ONE.

7 comments:

Tina said...

I love Laurie!!!!!! I'm so jealous! Do you know how often she has concerts in the area?

cat said...

Those cars look great - I am sure my guys would also fight over it.

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

I am so glad we are not the only parents who head off to the store to buy another one. :) Sometimes it just isn't worth the daily aggravation! I love the "car jacking in progress" part. Funny post!

Linda said...

Love the car pics! I'm glad the concert went so well. I was thinking about you!

Liz said...

Tina--no I'm not sure how often she has them around this area. You can check her website. I know she came out with the new CD so that was what the tour was for. It might not be until the next CD maybe????

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Liz~ I had a LOT of nostalgia again this year. I am finding that I have a little bit of a difficult time around their b-days. I think part of it is that we are done having children so each stage is a bit like losing my babies. Weird, I know.

Cindy said...

OMG...mark it in the history books now..."woman from NJ starts WWIII"....LOL! I'm glad they like the car. Love the carjacking!! Good to hear they liked the concert too! Lots of love! (p.s. I sent this comment again b/c I don't think it went through before??...don't remember enteing a word verification)