Sunday, April 26, 2009

March For Babies 2009

I took part in the March of Dimes March for Babies 5 mile walk today. It was a sunny, 85+ degree day--very unusual weather for April---but I was glad it wasn't raining. Fortunately, there was a small breeze as the walk was held down the shore. I initially was going to be walking alone, but my local M.O.M. club had a group there so I introduced myself and walked with them. This was much better than walking alone as I had people to talk to. I felt a little bad that I didn't bring the kids, but there was no way Ryan would have sat in the stroller for as long as the walk took. We would have had to stop a million times. I think they will be ready next year to tag along. I now know they have some kid-friendly activities for them to do.

This was the view of most of my scenery until the crowds showed up and then there was barely a spot to be had on the beach.

The start of our walk.

Me. (post walk)

My grand total fundraising efforts reached $1,100!!!! This was, again, more than I ever expected to raise. Thank you to all of you who supported me!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Glad it went well!!!

debi9kids said...

How fantastic that you raised so much! (I was supposed to donate to you and forgot. UGH!)

It certianly was a HOT & HUMID weekend for the walk. Glad you had a nice view at least :)

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Congratulations on the money you raised :)

Joanne (Jo-Jo) said...

Congrats on all the money you raised. I was thinking of you. I am sorry to comment so late, but Joey broke his femur 4/24 playing baseball and have been at the hospital with him all week. He finally got home on Thursday. Don't wish this on anybody. Keep in touch. Also, glad that it was a beautiful day for the walk also.

Love

Joanne

Joanne (Jo-Jo) said...

Glad to hear you raised that great amount of money. I know it was hot and humid but at least it did not rain. Was thinking of you.

Love Joanne