Friday, May 29, 2009

Two is Coming...

In ONE day to be exact!

Wow, another year almost gone. I swear it went by in the blink of an eye. I don't find myself constantly saying well they aren't exactly two yet like I did when they turned one. Maybe that is a sign of NICU/preemie life fading into the dark. They have grown a lot in this last year. We may not be "caught up" (my most dreaded preemie term) yet but we have made great strides.

I find myself now comparing what they are doing now to what they were doing a year ago. This toddlerhood business (mostly speaking about tantrums here) is so hard, especially with two. There are days when I want to go to work and let someone else deal and then there are days when I absolutely love it (not the tantrums--the cute stuff they do). Seriously, where did my babies go? They now climb into their booster seats and want to walk up and down the stairs all the time now instead of wanting/needing to be carried. They are growing up right before my eyes. I just have to enjoy each and every day and try my best to hold onto the memories.

4 comments:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Amen, sister! :) There are definitely good and bad days!

I cannot believe that they are two either!!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

happy birthday!!!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Ryan and Kaylie! Cant wait to see the pics!

cat said...

Congratulations! Happy Birthday little tykes.