Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sprinkler Fun!

We tested out a lawn sprinkler. It was a hit for about 15 minutes. Note that it takes much longer to get them dressed and get the sprinkler set up than actual play time. :) Not to mention the half hour spent undressing and getting them back into dry clothes when all they want to do is run around naked. Ultimate wrestling at its finest. Yes, I think we are entering a stage I feared. They now will tear their diapers off at any chance they get. I think this is one of those readiness signs for potty training. I'm thinking that is right around the corner. I just want them to be able to talk and tell me they went. That's not happening yet. Anyone ever potty train a speech delayed child? I've been reading up on it. Supposedly it can be done, but for now I am waiting. I do dread the whole potty training process. Still wondering how you train two different sexes how to use the potty. Wow, I sort of went off on a tangent didn't I?
Here are some pics. Not great ones, since I didn't want to get the camera wet.




2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm so dreading the potty training for the reasons you mentioned. I'm putting it off till at LEAST two and a half.
The sprinkler looks like it was a hit!

cat said...

Looks like they had fun! I hear potty training is about the same for the sexes - but have no experience in the boy department yet.