Thursday, July 23, 2009

Scenes From a Yard

Most of the time when we are outside they are happy to just ride in their cars/trikes, push their bubble mowers and sweep the driveway among other activities. Sidewalk chalk is a big hit too.

Here's Kaylie, the Director. She tells me what to draw basically. "Let me think, Mommy."

I've gotten really good at drawing Dora and all her friends. Dora is the favorite at the moment, although I think princesses will be making a move to first position soon. So here's some of my "work." Keep in mind it is all from memory and well some details are fuzzy but I think you get the idea.

Swiper

Diego, Baby Jaguar, and Benny the Bull

Dora, with a little help from Kaylie

Tico, Isa, and Boots (not so good)

Jack, Mary & Mel from Jack's Big Music Show which they also like.

Then there are the neighbor's rocks. They love to go over to the tree and pick out a rock and come show it to me. Then they bring it back and go get another one. REPEAT.

Which one should we get?

Ryan likes this particular rock and will get every time. I have to agree it is a cool one. It is totally flat on one side like it was sliced off another.

Kaylie likes the BIG ones. She actually started saying this word while doing this activity.

4 comments:

cat said...

You are a great Dora drawer! I have to warn you - the Princesses fever stay for ever! Delay as long as possible.

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Such a cute post and I must say your sidewalk chalk abilities ROCK! Love the pic of Ryan with the rock and kaylie directing. Adorable!

Linda said...

Great drawings! I'm impressed! I LOVE Kaylie's outfit!

debi9kids said...

Great pictures Liz! They look just like the characters. (bet the kids LOVE that!)
I remember being asked to draw Elmo so much by my daughter Steph when she was little that I can now draw Elmo with my eyes closed. LOL