Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rice Box


Well, I tried this little gem of an idea out. Um, I'm not going to lie and say it was neat in any way shape or form. So if you like neat activities, turn away now! I worked in a daycare that had an actual rice table and I do not recall it ever being a messy activity--weird. I will say that the kids liked to feel, taste and scoop the rice but they really liked throwing rice all over! I thought the blanket would catch most of the rice (which it did) but I did not anticipate them throwing the rice! I don't have anything to combat that. I don't recommend doing this everyday, unless it's a good day to vacuum. It was a good sensory experience for them though and we'll do it again.



Yep, they will try to eat it.

5 comments:

cat said...

Great idea - looks like fun. I use a big plastic sheet underneath.

Linda said...

Looks like they liked it. We're going to be trying it here too. We'll put it on a BIG sheet!

Christa said...

Looks like they had fun! You're doing a great job keeping them entertained over there! I would love to try it here, but I'm a wuss. I KNOW they would be shoveling it their mouths faster than I could get it out..lol. Maybe in a few more months...

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

That is so funny because I didn't anticipate the throwing of the rice either! I love the new look of the blog btw.

Patricia said...

Thanks for the idea! I think my two would love it. I have b/g twins that are almost 20 months old.