Saturday, February 7, 2009

Our Week in Review

I took Ryan for his follow-up ear check and all was clear. We figured as much since he is back to normal. He is eating us out of house and home this week. Maybe a growth spurt is happening...who knows. For the past 5 days, he also has been waking up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. He doesn't cry at all. He just sits there babbling away for about 40 minutes!! I can only hope this means he is going to be talking soon, but I want my peaceful uninterrupted nights back!


This week we did the story time again at the library, but I didn't use the stroller this time. I took Kaylie out of her carseat and then put her on the floor of the minivan while I unbuckled Ryan. Then I had Ryan in my arms and scooped up Kaylie in the other. I carried them into the library like that. Quite a workout. While at storytime, Ryan didn't sit still for a second and started throwing all the toys they play with after the books and songs. This seems to be the stage they are in now because they both throw toys and crack up at it like it's the funniest thing they have ever seen. Mommy doesn't think it's so funny especially in public!!! Kaylie was a bit better behaved but she did get in on the throwing bit. After storytime, I got them bundled up again and we walked back to the car. I decided that letting them walk with me holding their hands was the way to go. Well Ryan's version of walking is not mine, nor Kaylie's. While I have a death grip on both hands, Ryan is pulling us and I am basically dragging Kaylie behind. The poor girl fell down twice and got a skinned knee (which I didn't know until later)! Not fun. So I open the door (thank goodness for push button automatic door openers) and put Kaylie in the van and then buckled Ryan in. Well, he kicks Kaylie in the head and then she starts crying. It was quite a scene. I don't know how else to get them in the car...any ideas? Maybe it will just get better with practice and maybe they will start to listen one of these days.

I got out for dinner with a friend this week. Other than other stuff I have posted this week, not too much going on.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my....now I'm not so sure about story time! I'm scared of all the things you mentioned! Maybe I'll be inspired when the weather is warmer and we don't have to fight with coats. I"m a wuss!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

a lot of times when i am out with all three, i bring one stroller (for me it would be the double, you a single) and let one walk. they trade off who does it and that way they get to practice walking while holding my hand and i only have to wrangle one at a time. plus, car loading is much easier! you have inspired me and i think we might actually try storytime...

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Sounds VERY familiar! I love Rachael's idea about the single stroller. I may try that I just hope the one in the stroller doesn't go crazy throwing a fit due to his lack of freedom. Hmm? Glad the ear is cleared up and I hope the babbling leads to words like you said. Have a great week!

cat said...

So glad he is feeling better! Oh yes, and handling more than one toddler at a time is always tough.