Monday, January 26, 2009

I Did It!

First of all, Ryan & Kaylie are all better but Mommy & Daddy seem to be fighting off a cold now. Thank you for your get well wishes.

Second, I took the kids to the library by myself for baby storytime. I've been trying to do it for the past 2 weeks but we've been sick. It went really well and totally different than what I had envisioned. I envisioned them running around tearing books off the shelves in the children's section, tantrums, and maybe even some escaping from the section--just utter chaos. Well, they hold the baby storytime in an enclosed room (looked like it could be used for conferences or something) so that was one Phew off my list. I knew they wouldn't be running off and out of the section and no books to throw off shelves. It was held in the lower level of the library which means we don't need to climb stairs or use the elevator to get into the library. I won't need to use the stroller to get bring them in. Next time, I am going to attempt to hold their hands going into the library or maybe test out the backpack harnesses. We'll see.

The story time was great. It is only a half hour and in that time the librarian (who is pregnant with twins BTW) read three short books interspersed with songs/fingerplays. After, the kids got to play with balls, stacking cups, and some musical instruments and socialize with other kids. Best of all, it was free and got us out of the house. That's where we'll be every Monday!

7 comments:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Yay, for library time. I swear it is such a saving grace. Were you scared to death to take them by yourself? I envisioned pure chaos but they actually do better than I thought and when they do their crazy toddler behavior the other parents understand so I don't feel to badly about it. Ours is on Tuesday but I am not sure that we will go tomorrow b/c the boys currently have runny noses and I don't want to be "that" mom. Glad you got out! I hope YOU feel better soon! We are all fighting a cold too! Do I hear Spring beckoning???? I wish!

Christa said...

I'm so glad you had fun..and go you for braving it on your own!

Linda said...

That's GREAT!!!! I'm so glad you had fun!

debi9kids said...

OH. I am sorry to hear that you aren;t feeling well. Hope you get better soon.
Well done taking the kiddies to the library. Fun

cat said...

That sounds great fun. Wish we still had something like that around here but there is simply no funding.

Unknown said...

sounds like fun! Hunterdon's library storytime is the same, but they only do it once a month. You have to call and reserve a spot and it is usually full. Stinks. I'd love a weekly one!

Anonymous said...

Wow....your twin were born at 30 weeks but right now they are so nice and happy child.

Greetings from Istanbul !

ps. My baby was born at 35 weeks :D[]