Sunday, September 13, 2009

Potty Training 101

Well the first attempt at introducing the potty didn't go over so well. Try, try again.

Here's Ryan's reaction to the potty.

Ok, just kidding...but it was close. He would just sit and get up, take the bowl out, move potty, put bowl back in, repeat over and over. He of course wanted to be naked, but no real interest in the potty.

Kaylie had interest. She sat for a bit, then would get up and move the potty and do the same over and over like Ryan but she had a genuine interest. Nothing happened on the potty for either of them. Someone peed on one of their books but I don't know who. I am thinking it was Kaylie because it was a perfect circle and not sprayed everywhere. We watched Once Upon a Potty at least a dozen times and read through a few potty books. Hey, it's a start.

Then Kaylie thought this toilet ring made a good pool or hot tub I guess.


I think I need to wait a little bit more. Not all the readiness signs are there yet. I think I am going to focus on Kaylie first though. It's hard because Ryan wants to be in on the action too. Training two at the same time is a lot to handle. Have any of my readers with boy/girl twins potty trained before? Leave a comment with some tips PLEASE!

5 comments:

Christa said...

I'm cracking up at the Dora toilet seat/hot tub..LOL! I'm in the same boat so I'll be sure to check if anyone leaves comments. C is ready but I'm not sure about G. Train them together? Seperately? Ugh. Good luck, I hope it all goes smoothly!

Linda said...

Of course Im no help but good for you for trying. I'm guessing we're going to be close to THREE here before getting anywhere. But I LOL at the toilet ring turned into a swimming pool pic! Hang in there and good luck!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Love the potty chair/jacuzzi! So creative :) As for me I am still in denial on this issue. We bought potty chairs and I have been reading books to them like "Diapers are not forever" (Thank God about that one ;).
I also just got a few videos from the library about going on the potty. No real attempts yet but I plan to wait until December/January (I think) when we are stuck inside. Good luck and keep us posted :)

BTW I have been meaning to ask if you've ever considered adding an email to your profile? So often I want to respond to your comments but can't. Just a thought. Have a happy Monday!

cat said...

I am dreading the potty training idea.

debi9kids said...

LOL! I only laugh because I am there with you! they like to be naked, but the peeing...not so much (not helped that i am moving either...UGH!)

Ok, so a suggestion... a LOT of my twin mommy friends have used the 3 day training method and have had TONS of success. That's what we will be doing with Emma starting next week :)