Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What's Going On?

The weather here in New Jersey has been awful this month....rain, rain, and more rain!
It's made for some hairy days, but I think we may be coming out of this weather pattern. I hope to return to the great outdoors with the kids. We were able to do that this afternoon.

Bob had a hernia surgery so he is recovering from that. As a result, there is no lifting of the kids for a few weeks. The saying, "You don't know what you've got until it's gone," rings true here. Yeah, my help is gone--it's all me now. Bob does what he can though. I had Nana and Grandma here for a few days so that helped, but they can't be here all the time. Doing their nighttime routine is the hardest part of it all.

We're still having speech therapy. Kaylie is mimicking a lot more and has really exploded in the speech area. Ryan, not so much. A few words here and there but not much progress YET. I think if Kaylie starts talking Ryan will follow. I just cannot wait for it.

Some pictures from June...

A smile caught on camera from Ryan. I think he is finally starting to become a ham for the camera.


Kaylie's new trick (I think she learned it from O'Nani)...attempting somersaults where she basically gets in this position and falls to the side. Fun to watch!




Then there's this balancing pillow act....


There was ONE nice day in June where we used our water table.

5 comments:

cat said...

Great pictures - hope Bob feels better soon and recovers well.

Jowee said...

so cute (;

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

So cute! I hope the weather improves for you. We just got our little pool out yesterday and hope to again today. The days fly by when you can get outside!

I hope Bob feels well soon and good luck with the extra weight that it puts on you. That is rough!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Oops, mean to say that it is awesome that their speech is improving! I bet that is a relief for Mom and Dad!

Linda said...

Great pics! Amelia loves standing on her head like that! I can't wait for better weather too. I know you're roughing it out on your own. Hang in there!